Environments are used for deploying your data pipeline to non-development Snowflake environments. They track the state of Coalesce objects and manage efficient deployment strategies.
Deploy and refresh jobs are triggered for individual environments. Once an environment has been deployed, it can be refreshed via API/CLI.
Coalesce provides multiple ways to connect to the Snowflake account for an environment. Currently, Coalesce supports the following authentication methods:
- Snowflake OAuth (recommended)
- Basic Auth using Username and Password
- Stored locally on the user's browser at design-time
- Passed with API request body on deploy and refresh
- Saved in a config file when using the CLI
Updated about 1 month ago