The Environments section allows the user to create and manage their various environments.
An Environment is defined by connection credentials to Snowflake and the physical mappings of Storage Locations .
Including connection information as part of the definition of an environment allows data teams to use separate Snowflake instances, credentials or roles for development and production environments.
Coalesce provides multiple ways to connect to the Snowflake account for an environment. Currently, Coalesce supports the following authentication methods:
- Snowflake OAuth (recommended)
- Basic Auth using Username and Password
- Stored locally on the user's browser at design-time
- Passed with API request body on deploy and refresh
- Saved in a config file when using the CLI
Updated 4 months ago